Developing Resilience to Shame
by Sarah on January 15, 2019
We live in a culture where there’s very little permission to talk about things like shame. But, what we can’t be with in our lives will rule our choices and become intolerable to bear in others. Getting to know uncomfortable emotions, like shame, allows us to have increased empathy for what others are going through.
Besides, we can’t selectively numb. We can’t choose to numb uncomfortable feelings without also numbing our experience of joy, love and fulfillment. If we want to be more present in our lives, it’s essential to learn a new way.
Developing resilience to shame is understanding our shame triggers. Approaching shame with acceptance and curiosity requires a lot of courage. That’s why I want to invite you to join me for The Daring Way™, a 12-week online course with personalized coaching from me. The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, a leading shame, vulnerability and courage researcher.
The method was developed to help us learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing a courage practice that transforms the way we live, love, parent, and lead. Sharing our stories, within a safe group of people, we’ll let go of what we’re supposed to be and embrace who we truly are.
The core elements of the course include:
- Increasing Shame-Resilience by practicing critical awareness, recognizing shame and its triggers, reaching out and speaking shame
- Learning and practicing the five Attributes of Empathy
- Learning the difference between guilt and shame
- Debunking the myths of vulnerability
- Embracing compassion, courage and connection
- Accessing the power of owning our stories
- Recognizing that vulnerability is our most accurate measure of courage
We will meet every week for 12 weeks, starting on September 3rd
WHERE: ZOOM virtual online meeting room
WHEN: Tuesdays from 12pm-1:30pm ET, September 3rd – November 19th
COST: 3-monthly payments of $179 or $499 when paid in full
HOW: Click here to grab your spot! Spaces are very limited.